Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Know Thyself

A part of my journey right now is losing weight. But this past weekend it has been hard to keep this  focus. I am a part of Weight Watchers and I just reached my 5% goal this past week. Total I have lost 11lbs. So on Monday night I looked at myself honestly and I asked for my husbands help to figure out why I fell off the plan the last few days.

That is when I realized that I track/monitor almost everything that my body is doing! With CrMS I track my cm, I am also tracking my PMS symptoms and all my cramps. For a part of the cycle I also track my temperature. With Weight Watchers I track all the food I eat and any exercise I do. I also track the vitamins that I take. Since I've sprained my knee I have had to remember to "walk with purpose" and to do the physio exercises three times a day. Because of the pain killers for my knee I have even had to watch my bathroom visits. So my wonderful G-Man reminded me that it is ok to take a step back every now and then and just let my body BE if I need to.

I will stop feeling guilty about falling off plan this weekend and I will try to be more in tune with my emotional being since I am so in tune with my physical being. I guess that is a function that this blog serves.

God bless!

1 comment: