Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Important Songs

I wanted to share two songs that my soul is singing out right now:

1) Broken Praise, Todd Smith: This song really touches where I have been for the last few days, always on the verge of tears; Frustrated, Angry, Hurt, At the very end of my rope,  And in love with GOD and my husband!

 
I was going to highlight the really powerful lyrics but bolding the whole song seemed a little silly!

If one more person takes my hand and tries to say they understand
Tells me there's a bigger plan that I'm not meant to see
If one more person dares suggest that I held something unconfessed
Tries to make the dots connect from righteousness to easy street
Well I, I won't deny I've relied on some assumptions
A man's honest life entitles him to something

But who am I to make demands of the God of Abraham?
And who are You that You would choose to answer me with mercy new
How many more will wander past to find me here among the ashes
Will you hold me? Will you stay?
So I can raise this broken praise to You

Who else will see my suffering as one more opportunity
To educate; to help me see all my flawed theology
If one more well intentioned friend tries to tie up my loose ends
Hoping to, with rug and broom, sweep awkward moments from the room
But I, I can't forget, I have begged just like a madman
For my chance to die and never have to face the morning

But who am I to make demands of the God of Abraham?
And who are You that You would choose to answer me with mercy new
How many more will wander past to find me sitting in this ash
Will you hold me? Will you stay?
So I can raise this broken praise to You

But You were the One who filled my cup
And You were the One who let it spill
So blessed be your Holy name if you never fill it up again
If this is where my story ends, just give me one more breathe to say
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Hallelujah, Hallelujah


2) Be Born in Me, Francesca Battistelli: This song may seem like an odd choice for someone who carries infertility since it is about Mary conceiving Jesus, BUT this song really speaks to how I want to live my life, to my frequent prayers to God. In many ways, this song IS my prayer to God. Lord, be born in me. Through my infertility make me abundantly spiritually fertile! This song is especially timely as Christmas is only 5 days away.
 
 
The bolded parts moved me to tears the first few times I heard this song. 

Everything inside me cries for order
Everything inside me wants to hide
Is this shadow an angel or a warrior?
If God is pleased with me, why am I so terrified?
Someone tell me I am only dreaming
Somehow help me see with Heaven's eyes
And before my head agrees, my heart is on its knees
Holy is He. Blessed am I.


Be born in me, be born in me
Trembling heart, somehow I believe
that You chose me
I'll hold you in the beginning, You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle, make my heart your Bethlehem
Be born in me

All this time we've waited for the promise
All this time You've waited for my arms
Did You wrap yourself inside the unexpected
So we might know that Love would go that far?


Be born in me, be born in me
Trembling heart, somehow I believe that You chose me
I'll hold you in the beginning, You will hold me in the end
Every moment in the middle, make my heart your Bethlehem
Be born in me

I am not brave
I'll never be
The only thing my heart can offer is a vacancy
I'm just a girl
Nothing more
But I am willing, I am Yours


Both these songs are from my new favourite cd, Music Inspired by THE STORY. Every song is realistically written from the perspective of a bible character. Beautiful and very thought provoking!



6 comments:

  1. Thank-you for sharing and posting these tonight (and giving me some new music for my commute after Christmas)!

    I've listened to the 2nd song at least 3 times already, and I think I'll keep listening to it as I got to sleep...Mary, she really is the key, isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh YES! I had such a hard time coming to Mary at the beginning of my journey because I thought she couldn't understand, she had a child. But I was the one not understanding how Mary models ALL Christian life for us! Mary's Fiat was for the world!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful songs. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have you blog name written on card at my desk to pray for you. Today I just had a feeling that I should ask to see how you are doing. I know you are going through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much these songs speak to my heart. Thank you for sharing them. I have had your 'Sisters of Life' post bookmarked for over a year and I have often re-read it and drawn so much peace and hope from it. Your faith is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Reading your comment when I got out of bed this morning was so encouraging! It was exactly was I needed to hear. Prayers!

      Delete