Saturday, July 4, 2015

Unexpected Prayers!


So I got very surprising news today. I have been chosen as the blogger to receive all your wonderful prayers this month through Adopt-a-Blogger. 

A Bit About Me
My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years. He is a Latin-Mass going large-family grown Catholic and I came into the Catholic faith through the charismatic movement. We are the proof that opposites attract! I am a Creighton Model FertilityCare Practitioner. I LOVE the Theology of the Body and I have been taking courses with the Theology of the Body Institute for many years. One of the hardest things for me to deal with growing up was not knowing how to deal with my curly hair.

Infertility History
We knew before we got married that conceiving would be difficult. My hubs, G-Man, has had cancer many times. We found out in November, 2011 that he has no sperm. We spent years mourning this and discerning what this meant for our family. Recently we have discovered some health issues on my part that would have made conceiving difficult even if he did have the little go-getters. Infertility is a never quite healing wound; a bruise that could be poked at any time. Living with it has made me question everything I thought I knew about life. In my darkest moments, it has only been the fact that time moves on that got me out of bed. BUT in my brightest moments, I can say that infertility, as all suffering can do, has made me a better person and I am grateful for it (I say this only after I have eaten a lot of chocolate). 

Foster Care and Adoption
In June, 2014, we decided to learn more about foster care and adopting. We quickly fell in love with the program and we were officially approved as foster parents in January of this year. 

In June of this year, exactly one year after we started the process, we welcomed an eight month old munchkin into our hearts and our home. There is no telling how long he will be with us and parenting as an infertile couple deserves its own blog post (coming soon... once I get some sleep!). Needless to say, we are over-the-moon to get the chance to know our foster son, Dare Bear.

Prayer Requests
Thank you for your prayers! Please pray for our transition into parenthood and our relationship throughout this transition. Please pray for Dare Bear; pray that all involved in his care may only have his best interests at heart and for God's will to be done in his life. AND, please pray that we soon will have a child we can love and raise permanently, whoever that may be.

6 comments:

  1. You two are a shining example of Christ's love. Thank you for the update -sharing your joys, wounds and experience. Foster care is very dear to both my husbands family and my own. We are so happy little Dare Bear has such a amazing couple to stay with! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to praying with you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying with and for you this month!!! (((Hugs))) and prayers my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete